- Broaden our region’s musical richness by making classical music and a blend of classical/Appalachian heritage styles affordable and available in our community – in a relaxed and informal atmosphere.
- Provide a wide array of musical offerings – house concerts, chamber orchestra, and ensembles – with special emphasis on families and seniors.
- Promote music education, especially the support of local young people, and appreciation for music.
- Offer grants and scholarships to support promising area music programs and young musicians.
- Develop stronger collaborations with area schools and arts organizations.
- Provide opportunities for young musicians to study and perform with skilled professional mentors.
- Strengthen the area’s economy.
Blue Ridge Strings Program
Promote music education, especially for young people, and appreciation for music. The Blue Ridge Strings Program is a collaboration with the June Bug Center to provide after-school classical instruction and enrichment.
Scholarships and Education
Thanks to the generosity of you, our supporters, VBRMF has been able to make the following donations in the2016 calendar year:
- $3,500 has been awarded toward the purchase of a violin for one very talented, young violinist.
- $1,000 has been awarded to a young musician to cover the cost of official Suzuki training. In addition to continuing her violin studies, this young musician is already teaching violin to children in our area.
- $1,300 was spent to send two area youth musicians to summer music camp and to cover the cost for one student to attend the Roanoke Youth Symphony Orchestra Summer Institute.
- $580 was paid toward tuition for two students to participate in the Roanoke Youth Symphony Orchestra.
- $1,000 was donated to the Roanoke Symphony Orchestra for their ongoing educational programs for youth.
Your donations have resulted in an excellent investment in the future of classical music in our region! Thank you!